Re: [CBQ] Location Identification

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Location Identification
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 16:22:39 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
To: CBQ@groups.io <CBQ@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Oct 12, 2020 9:38 am
Subject: [CBQ] Location Identification

I've been going through some old photos recently and came across this one that is marked as "Harlem Ave Berwyn".

But I wonder if it really is. It appears to be but what has me wondering is the reference to "7 Tracks" as noted on the crossing gate on the right.

It appears to be taken in the 1950 or 51 as the black sedan appears to be a 1950 Ford.

If it is Harlem Are in Berwyn, the race track to CUS would make up 3 tracks , so what would the other 4 tracks be used for? The signal bridge appears to have signals for 4 sets of tracks. I see that there is a crane behind the F3 B unit. I wonder if maybe the Q was re-arranging the tracks?

Any thoughts or ideas as to if it really is Harlem Ave or somewhere else?

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60541) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_