[CBQ] Help with photos

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Help with photos
From: "John Willis" <willisjc@zebra.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 21:24:31 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Don, I learned to drive one of those ( D5 ) in the Navy. I don't think the tank was that high, but that was some 50 plus years ago, so my memory may be skewed by a bit. The Chief that I worked for had a philosophy that if there was a school on base, you were going to it. To that point, he felt that his "guys" should be able to do whatever task came to hand, especially in emergency situations, so we had licenses to operate every piece of equipment you might encounter, form cameras, projectors, to trucks, fork lifts, towing trailers with trucks, tugs and forklifts ( including four wheel trailers ), four by and six buy trucks, plus the normal stuff  that we normally operated on the flight line like  small tugs, runabouts, air starters, power carts, etc that might be there in addition to all the electronics on the birds that were our "real" jobs. We fueled aircraft, loaded lox, and started and towed aircraft. The only things we didn't run or drive were semi tractor trailers, Tilly ( on the boat ), and a huge tug that was used to haul old B-36's and B-52's ( there were still some B-52's and a couple of KC135's across the way from us ( NAS Albany, Ga - the Old SAC base -Turner, AFB ). Once we were on the JFK, someone let it out that we knew how to operate projectors ( Tradev guys normally ), so a couple of us were detailed to run movies for the pilots in the ready room. So fun -not!

 Anyway, I digress, but it was an interesting time and sort of fun.

John

John C. Willis

Once I was young, Al