Re: [CBQ] CB&Q La Grange, ILL 1940's +

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q La Grange, ILL 1940's +
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:37:07 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

All-

First of all, Tom, Happy Birthday!!!

I have started to compose text and lay out pages on what will be the story of Aurora-Chicago service of the CB&Q and predecessor roads.

I started with Stone Avenue and over the last few days have discovered more facts about the history of the LaGrange area stations than I knew before I started writing!

I don’t have much on the Stone Avenue Freight Depot beyond some poor aerial views, track diagrams, and some accident reports that detail what was there. Likewise I don’t have and really good photos of the LaGrange Freight Depot.

I have nailed down the location and pedigree of the Passenger Stations.

Charlie Vlk