Re: [CBQ] GP7/9 Cab Lettering

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GP7/9 Cab Lettering
From: "Steve Haas" <Goatfisher2@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 22:05:26 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Easy,

Note that on the unit(s) with the multiple slots in the sideframe that units with both a filler for water and a filler for fuel have “three and a half slots”.  These can be found on some P2K units.  The one that I am familiar with is a P2k GP9 Phase I.  The particular model I have in front of me is a P2K SP passenger unit numbered 5600 (P2K# 31161).  P2K had other units from this same series of unit that had the dual tanks and the three and a half slots also.  The frames are interchangeable – asking around of serious diesel modelers might turn up exactly what you need!

I’m in search of several of these myself for some GN GP modeling projects, so if you run into someone that has a treasure chest of such items, please let me know!

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Haas

Snoqualmie, WA

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60182) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic