Re: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station

To: CBQ@groups.io, Bryan Howell <bryan.j.howell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station and area
From: "Jack Schroeder" <jack@highlandwebworks.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 11:58:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Louis:
I was completely amazed by the historical knowledge of the BRHS members when I first joined (I still am).  While redesigning the BRHS web site a few years ago I came upon what I termed the 'digital pile of photos'.  I knew something needed to done with them so that members like you and others could share your knowledge of the Q before life ended this opportunity.  So I created the Photo Library with a great deal of emphasis towards letting any BRHS member add 'provenance' knowledge about photos in the collection.  I did not want to just add a static photo gallery like some RR HS have.

I know you and the other HCM photo group have done a great job, with a similar objective with the Flickr site, but that has not stopped me from hoping that this tremendous collection could be added/included in the BRHS Photo Library. There BRHS members comments or provenance can be easily added. The BRHS photo library has a very powerful search engine that lets users find images based upon, equipment numbers, equipment type (2-6-2), location, photographer, subject matter and more in a fraction of a second. Just what old and new BRHS members need.

Bryan Howell (and others) has been very active in adding details to images featured in the "Picture of the Day" seen on the BRHS web site's home page. I, like you, would hope, even ask that all members take time to visit these two photo sites and add your knowledge about the history of the Q through these images.
Thanks!

PS: Two examples attached of the viewing web page used in the BRHS Photo Library that have a form below the photos for all members to add information.
---
Jack Schroeder
817 485-1922
jack@highlandwebworks.com