Re: [CBQ] EMC 1938 Promotional Film

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] EMC 1938 Promotional Film
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 19:50:11 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thaks Charlie for "exposing" us to this film..It's superb.   While the narrator was declaiming on the advantages of diesel power i remembered one time that my grandfther was telling me about a conversation he had with someone pretty well up in the Burlilngton's "hierarchy" regarding the advantages of diesel power which My GF thought was certainly the "coming thing" and the Q executive said..."The day when the Burlington Railroad will have to use an internal combustion engine to move freight will be a really bad day.  Well I guess everybody at the Q didn't think that way.

I was trying to ID  some of the Q locations, but didn't do  well with that effort.

There were still lots of Motor cars still operating  when I was growing up and even in the early days of my railroad career.

Thanks again.

Pete