[CBQ] Kable Bros.

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Kable Bros.
From: "Robert Herrick" <rdherrick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:06:24 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have a question about Kable Bros. Printing in Mt. Morris. The Post Office Department agreed to set up a Post Office within the plant to expedite shipment of printed magazines, catalogs, etc. and they were loaded into mail storage cars and sent to Chicago. I have two questions, actually: when was the PO located in the Kable plant and 2) how were printed products shipped prior to that (ca 1920s), in boxcars? I've researched the line to Forreston on and off for a number of years as well as Kable Bros., but I've been unable to date PO service there. Maybe Steve Holding turned up something in researching his article in the Zephyr awhile back? Thanks!

Bob Herrick
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58544) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic