Re: [CBQ] [BNlist] Predecessor Freight cars to Burlington Northern

To: <BNlist@groups.io>, "CBQ groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] [BNlist] Predecessor Freight cars to Burlington Northern
From: "Bryan Howell via Groups.Io" <tubaman21=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 06:50:52 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The FOBNR has lists on their website and we at the BRHS have distilled out the Q specific information.

Bryan J. Howell
Superior, WI

On Thursday, November 14, 2019, 04:13:29 PM CST, Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@comcast.net> wrote:

All,

Does anyone know of a list of the predecessor freight cars that went to the Burlington Northern on merger day? The Pacific Northwest Railroad Archives in Burien, WA has the BN car cards that were created for each car but a large amount of the cards are missing. My thought is that a large amount of the cars never got the assigned BN numbers and finished out their life with their original numbers, at least that is what I found with the SP&S cars. If you know of a list that would be very helpful. We do have a number of rolls of microfilm that possibly have this info but we need to get them to a viewer to see what they contain. The PNRA does have the BN freight car ledger books but except for the cabooses the pages are mostly blank, they relied more on the cards.

Thanks,

Richard Wilkens
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58339) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic