Re: [CBQ] CB&Q E5 9910-A

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q E5 9910-A
From: "Denny Anspach" <danspachmd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:39:16 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I believe the train traveled on the Q the entire distance, via Savanna and then up the river through LaCrosse on the same route that the Twin Cities Zephyrs ran. I don’t know why they would route the train any other way.

This is a probably correct assumption from the CB&Q’s perspective, but the Kiwanis people may not have appreciated the extra 3 or 400 miles each way  -and the traveling time needed-  that this relatively circuitous route Denver-Twin Cities would necessitate, probably approximately two more nights/days (my estimate).  It may have been that the Kiwanians did not care, nor that any of the connecting railroads with passenger services to the Twin Cities were either interested, nor had suitable connecting schedules, charged too much, or did not have qualified crews nor motive power, etc.

The question posed is not unreasonable.

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57592) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic