Re: [CBQ] C&S E5 9951A

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&S E5 9951A
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:19:10 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Steve,

The 9910A and B were the lead locomotives of Train no.39 that hit the rear of Train no. 11 at Naperville, IL on April 26, 1946. So, it was, indeed, in an accident that required significant repair to the front of the locomotive. Whether that resulted in a modified headlight mounting arrangement, I do not know. See the book "Tragedy at Loomis Street Crossing" for the story of the wreck and its aftermath.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

C&S E5 9951A
From: fuchst900
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 22:40:47 PDT

I am really enjoying the latest BB on the E5's and have a question for those more knowledgeable than myself.  On the top of page 285 of Hol's "Colorado Road",  9951A is shown headed north out of Dallas Union Station.  From the looks of the picture is seems like the upper headlight casting is not  raked back like a stock E5 but more like an E6?.  I looked through the latest E5 Bulletin and see no reference to 9951A or in its life as CBQ 9910A as having been in  an accident necessitating rebuilding the nose sheet metal.  Is this picture an illusion or was this engine in an accident? Thinking about converting an undecorated Proto 2000 E6 into an E5; if this headlight does indeed have an E6 profile, it might be easier to model than a stock E5?  Steve Near Walla Walla

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57533) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic