Re: [CBQ] TCZ Interior colors

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] TCZ Interior colors
From: "Lyle Dowell" <l_dowell1117@att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 21:26:07 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have found some info' to my and the original poster's question, but I am hoping someone can enhance what I have learned. In the Geoffrey Doughty book "Way of the Zephyrs:The Postwar Years" he has the following in reference to the TCZ dome-coaches (page 34):

"Each of the coaches in a train had a different color scheme. As each train contained four coaches, there were four distinct car color combinations.These were Indian Red and Orchard Gray; soft browns and pastel greens; Nut Pine, Mocha, Gray and Rust; and Turtle-Egg Gray and Indian Red with accents of blue and rose. "

Can anybody elaborate on these?  What items do these colors correspond to?  The book doesn't explain that.  A later paragraph starts with "The floors, meanwhile, were mostly all carpeted.". It doesn't suggest that the carpeting is either of the previously described color pairs.  Also, I'm hoping someone can explain the colors a bit, tho' I suspect that might be a bit arbitrary.

Thx for any/all info
Lyle d
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57364) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic