Re: [CBQ] Cinders ?

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Cinders ?
From: "Nelson Moyer" <npmoyer@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 03:20:17 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Burlington Bulletin No 23 has photos of the yard with large piles of material
stacked up between the yard and Main St. The photos are black and white, so
it's hard to tell what color the material was. Burlington didn't have a large
cinder pit like Galesburg or Creston, so maybe they stored cinders until they
got enough to ballast the Washington branch. Can anyone familiar with
Burlington back in the day identify the material in those piles. I think the
light piles might be gravel or ballast of some type. Maybe the dark ones were
coal or cinders.

Nelson Moyer