[CBQ] Pete's Q Memories DVD

To: cbq@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Pete's Q Memories DVD
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 20:20:36 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
January 23, 2019

All - For those of you who are snowbound, or close to it, on Lines East and West, a great way to pass the time would be to watch Pete Hedgpeth's recently released DVD entitled "CB&Q and Other Railroad Memories With Thanks To Jim Christen."  The DVD's running time is an hour and twenty eight minutes. It covers a wealth of memories from Pete's lifetime fascination with railroading starting with his family's Rockport Langdon & Northern Railroad short line, then on to the Q and concluding with the Rock Island.

I'm not going into too much detail as I want the DVD's contents to be as much of a surprise to viewers as it was to me.  What really excited me was the variety of 8mm black/white and color home movies from the early 1950s taken by Pete. The films offer a rare look back at everyday Q railroading scenes covering Iowa and Nebraska branch lines, almost all which are now long abandoned.  Whereas the 8mm visual quality doesn't come close to today's videos, the subject matter presently is genuinely unsurpassed.

Pete expertly narrates the entire DVD and delves into many subjects in describing what's going on in his home movies of train operations long ago. I'm attaching one image from the DVD showing Pete alongside Class K-10 No. 954 at Tecumseh, NE, in August of 1953. The 4-6-0 was a year away from being retired and sold for scrap. There are shovel nose Zephyrs, funeral trains, derailments, maps, motor cars, steam and early diesel branch line power all depicted in the DVD.  A wide variety of fascinating scenes.

The DVD can be purchased from the Lincoln Railfans Club < lincoln.railfans.club@gmail.com > for $24.99 each plus $3.99 for shipping in the continental US.  Pete can answer any questions you may have about this DVD. I'm happy that I purchased a copy.  Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56634) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic