[CBQ] Dbq Frt House/Q Industrial Property book/Q-NP postcard

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Dbq Frt House/Q Industrial Property book/Q-NP postcard
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 10:04:59 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Dubuque Freight House - Indeed as I posted a week plus ago, the structure remains as is a major part of the Smithsonian-affiliate River Museum (& where a portion of the BRHS Annual meeting @ Dbq was held there a few yrs back)  There are several views of the frt house 'in the day' in common Q books showing lettering on W end.  I was pretty sure there had never been signage on the E end but before commenting I visited the museum last Friday & checked some of their archives.  There was no lettering "in the day" nor have I seen any on the small end of other similar Q frt houses.  Again too the original CB&N depot (part of connected museum complex) was restored too & we held a clinic there during the Dbq meet.  A bit of the old trackage is still intact as well on N side (disconnected now from CN nee IC main)

Industrial Property book - (cited in latest Zephyr) - it dates from "53-54 based on info in 3 Q Annual Reports that cite it being developed & then being distributed.  The finished product was probably left undated as it was bound in a way that pages could be added/deleted over the yrs (from my experience, it was the only such Q book issued)

My illustrated article on Q-issued postcards in the Z a couple yrs ago also cited some joint GN/Q & NP/Q cards (all issued by the respective parent road but with BR herald as well).   Some of you are aware (Overton's"Burlington Route") there was a short period when the NP used C&NW to run the NCL et al between Chi & Twin Cities post-1901 control of the Q.  For the 1st time I discovered  a NP/C&NW card on eBay identical to the NP/Q except one illustration in the composite design is now C&NW's Chicago station & of course a C&NW logo bottom L in place of BR.  See eBay 173694794684

Merry Christmas!    Gerald
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56442) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic