Re: [CBQ]Dubuque Freight house

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ]Dubuque Freight house
From: "Dave Sarther via Groups.Io" <sartherdj=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 20:00:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Ted,

Here is an additional link for the CB&Q  Dubuque Office/ Depot/ Freight House: and a few photos I found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubuque_Freight_House

I tried to scale the CB&Q Dubuque, IA  Freight Depot and Freight House buildings and eave overhangs based on the info supplied by Doug Harding.  Here is what I think might be fairly close:

CB&Q Dubuque, IA Freight Depot_Freight House 1.JPG

     Freight Depot  2 floor Office Bldg:  35' X 35"  (structure shown in photo below from Google).
     Freight Depot Structure attached to the Depot Office building end:  35' Wide and 215' long.
     Freight Depot width over eaves approx 50'  (that would be about 7-1/2' overhang on each side).

     Platform from Freight Depot Structure to the Freight House transition per drawing.  Best estimate on length of the transition platform between the Freight Depot and Freight House is 50'

     Freight House 35' wide and 180' long with a hip roof  (this structure is not shown in the photo below).

Dubuque, IA CB&Q Freight Depot 1-S.jpg

Like to have some feedback regarding your estimate on structure sizes, width, length and height.

Later,  Dave S    Tucson, AZ