Re: [CBQ] Locomotive Paint Scheme ?

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Locomotive Paint Scheme ?
From: "Erik Spoonmore" <Spoony81@att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 15:54:34 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill,

Is this the model? I think the manufacturer took some artistic license with this one.

Erik

On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:36 AM, William Canelos via Groups.Io <sharronbillc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I recently bought a G Scale GP7 with a strange paint scheme. The model in question is painted like the later red standard paint job with the Billboard Burlington lettering. the model is painted the same way except that instead of the red paint there is black paint.

The seller said he was getting rid of it because Q GP's and SD's were never painted that way.  I too believe the paint on the model was never on the prototype, and in all these years I have never seen a prototype painted in this way.

Another guy in my club says the paint job is correct ant that it was experimental and done to just a few locomotives, so it begs the question who is correct?

If this was ever done anyone know of any photos?  If so what locos got this paint job?

A big Q fan.

Bill

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55998) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic