Re: [CBQ] All Time Fan Trip List-Steam trip to the Sandwich Fair

To: CBQ@groups.io, BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] All Time Fan Trip List-Steam trip to the Sandwich Fair
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:09:45 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill,

I do not have access to the yahoo groups list (and don't want to). So I don't know if it contains what will be in the BRHS mailing leaving the printer at the end of this week. That mailing covers a steam trip to the Sandwich,IL Fair in the 1960s.

That's my opening to announce that the BRHS will be at this falls'  Sandwich Fair for the first time ever in our 40 year history. We will be located adjacent to the live steam train that thousands stand in long lines to ride. It's an exact miniature of a Q Hudson and has been operated by 2 BRHS members for years at the fair.

The BRHS will be at the fair from Weds 9/5 to and thru Sunday 9/9 from 8AM to 10PM. The Sandwich Fair is the oldest and largest county Fair in Illinois, this year is the 130th event.
Attendance averages 100,000/day with weekends reaching 300,000.

BRHS Members and Q fans please plan to attend and visit our tent . The BRHS company store will be there. Better yet BRHS members step up and volunteer to help staff the tent. See the mailing in your mailbox next week as to how to volunteer. This is an opportunity to introduce the Q and BRHS to a huge new group of folks who may be interested but don't know we exist and what we preserve and share about the Burlington.

For more info. About the fair; Just search on Sandwich Fair on your computer.

Thanks,
Leo