[CBQ] Live with Leo on August 13th at Dixon,IL

To: CBQ@groups.io, BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Live with Leo on August 13th at Dixon,IL
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 18:40:53 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The next "Live with Leo" presentation is set for August 13th at the Loveland
Community
House, 513 W. Second St., Dixon, IL AT 7:PM.  The room is at the east end of
the building on the first floor and there is an elevator next to the main
entrance. There is no charge for admission. All are welcome to attend.

I will be discussing "The Burlington in Lee County" for our host the Lee County
Historical Society. I'll be covering the C. & I. From Lee to Steward Jct and
also Shabbona and Rochelle since they were so tied to this section of line.
Also to be Covered will be the line from Shabbona to Paw Paw and from Paw Paw
to Rockfalls.

I'll cover early history and development, passenger,freight,LCL,milk,etc.

The BRHS company store will be present with past and current publications and
projects.

The BRHS web site will be updated in the near future with the above info.

As FYI we have scheduled a repeat of the popular "Railroads of Batavia,IL"
presentation for the 20th Century RR club in the Founders Room in Chicago Union
Station on November 14 th. In the SW corner of the Great Hall.  More on this in
the future.

And looking farther out work is in progress on a presentation with the Du Page
chapter of the NMRA at Downers Groves for a fall presentation. More on this at
a later date.

In May 2019 a presentation is scheduled for an evening during the Downers Grove
founders day festivities in coordination with the Downers Grove Museum and the
Downers Grove Historical Society. There will be no lack of subject matter for
this presentation. More on this farther down the line.

Leo