[CBQ] Ottawa,IL Wye- 1958 Q Track Data Book

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Ottawa,IL Wye- 1958 Q Track Data Book
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 10:31:48 -0500
Cc: BRHSlist@groups.io
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Some time back we had a discussion concerning the installation of the wye at
Ottawa,IL.
We were using ETTs as the basis. In last nights mail I received, courtesy of
the Friends of the BN RR, a copy of the Q "1958 General Track Data Book".   I
believe it provides a definitive answer as to when and why the track was added.

On page 28&29 is states "During 1956 a wye as constructed at Ottawa across the
Illinois-Michigan Canal to expedite movements  from the Silica Sand Company to
the Yards. This wye now provides a direct movement. The canal was filled in
over a forty- eight inch pipe to carry drainage."

I am wondering if this book would be of interest to BRHS members and of this
group if offered as a project by the society ? It contains in detail listings
of rail, ballast along with recent changes, improvements and plans. It
describes in detail what ballast is on a line segment and when it was
installed,etc,etc. This book is 209 pages covering every inch of the system by
Division and line segment. There are even entries for major capital
projects,I.e. Cicero yard, house 8 and 9 on the Chicago division. It also
discusses the never done grade separation from Berwyn to Downers Grove.

This is simply a binder with mimeographed sheets. There are no line charts,etc.

If this would be of interest to you reproduced by Division send me an email off
line stating which Division(s) would be of interest. If there is enough
interest the BRHS board will discuss reproducing this in the future as a fund
raising project.

Finally a big thank you to Dave Poplawski and the Friends of the Burlington
Northern railroad for sending this to the BRHS.

Leo