[CBQ] Westmont Presentation

To: CBQ@groups.io, BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Westmont Presentation
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 20:56:49 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Simply as FYI, we had fun at the Westmont historical society presentation today
entitled the "Q in Westmont". I was unable to stump the audience of 45
attendees with my questions.
 Especially when I asked what the nickname of Westmont was on the RR and the
spry 80 plus year old President of the society responded "Whiskey Hill" and
could also explain exactly why ! It was because Clarendon Hills and Hinsdale,
the towns immediately East of Westmont were "Dry" and those towns residents
would ride "dinkys" to and fro to quench their thirst.

Thanks to the Westmont Historical Society for having the BRHS and their
generous honorarium for our doing the presentation.

Leo Phillipp

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55397): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/message/55397
View All Messages In Topic (1): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/topic/18047515