[CBQ] water pan pick-up

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] water pan pick-up
From: "Kirby Lambert" <kirby@prospectortech.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 12:08:10 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
This may not be appropriate, if that is the case please tell me.

Years ago I saw a film of steam engines picking up water on the fly from track pans. I have found pictures of pans but not of the pick-up. The film that I saw was quite impressive showing the fan of water splashing out of the sides of the track and then the water out of the top of the tender when it was full. I would appreciate any help finding that film.

I remember reading about the development of the technology. During the first live test the seams of the tender were split and the sides and top bulged out from the water pressure. Somewhere over the years I saw a picture of that tender.

I do not know if the Q or any other Western road tried to use track pans.

Kirby Lambert
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55389) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service