[CBQ] Westmont History Presentation

To: CBQ@groups.io, BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Westmont History Presentation
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 09:58:55 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
This Sunday April 22nd the BRHS will be making a presentation on the history of
the Burlington Route in Westmont. Location is the Linden room of the senior
center at
55 E. Richard street,Westmont,IL. This is about one block south and one block
east of the Westmont depot.

I'll be covering the Q and Westmonts joint history, customers in town, through
passenger service, the dinkies, the east end wayfreight, through freights and
data on Westmont's glacial moraine that was the sources of early freight
business and an operating challenge to this day.

There will also be a little discussion of Clarendon Hills and Downers Grove
along with a preview of an upcoming article on the Nebraska Zephyr wreck at
Downers.

We will start at 1:00PM, a $4 donation is requested to support the Gregg House
Museum which is immediately adjacent to the presentation location.

The BRHS company store will also be there.

Leo Phillipp

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55362): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/message/55362
View All Messages In Topic (1): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/topic/17453713