[CBQ] THE RAPPER

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] THE RAPPER
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:18:10 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

This is not "railroad specific", but I'm wondering if any of you guys recall a poem in the old RAILROAD MAGAZINE titled  "THE RAPPER"...

How about it Bob Campbell and/or Karl R.

There was a recent discussion on  Facebook site and it involved a young lady running  steam engine..and doing a very good job..There were questions about the "Reverser"  Johnson Bar etc..I launched into what, I hope" was a good explanation of its function...and...as I've often chronicled in various forums a statement by my late wife..who once said after one of my lengthy explanations...some would call it a diatribe. that 'EVERYTHING REMINDS YOU OF SOMETHING" .An old poem which I'm almost sure I saw in RAILROAD MAGAZINE Titled

THE RAPPER...It was about an engineer who ran his engine with the Johnson bar  "down in the corner" thus..in railroad "parlance".."Rapping the Stack"

The poem was set to the same meter and rhyming  of Edgar Allen Poe's poem  "Quoth the Raven".

I've tried U tube, but couldn't find it there..I have literally hundreds of old RR MAGAZINE..but I don't have the desire nor do I want to devote the time to go through all of these...Can somebody help??

It would be helpful if you could quote the "whole thing"...It goes on and on for several verses...

Pete

Posted by: jpslhedgpeth@aol.com