Re: [CBQ] Downers Grove 1947 train wreck photos [2 Attachments]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Downers Grove 1947 train wreck photos [2 Attachments]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:58:39 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

October 26, 2017

Michael - As a bonus, I can contribute two images of the Downers Grove Depot. First shows the original depot in 1907:

Class K-1 No. 607 is pulling the 7:20 am "dinky" into Chicago.

The image is undated and shows the new Downers Grove Depot shortly after it was built in 1911:

You can see the old depot in the background that had been converted into a freight house.

I graduated from Downers Grove High School in 1964 and remember the "run around" track on the backside of the depot that was still in place at the time.  The freight house was long gone by that date.

I've attached both images below for those who have problems in viewing inserted images. Best Regards - Louis