Re: [CBQ] Off-line baggage cars for a Q express train

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Off-line baggage cars for a Q express train
From: "thommack@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2017 12:01:20 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1506513685; bh=Uipe4mi8zNUro5dZvxD6DgrxUyMXkvkVx2sRcvURG4A=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Wtw5D98j2oym8z7OQzW6SYd5X/j1yZ6/Fz93tbDcXG2vSlv3nMZ+YeRcH6EHxw7zWmk+vmRQT8VXOkzgkUDQXJXPgOPx8FKPJeYd3tJ6+gg9p11kkcEIe4Q3T2igZkcsMnGfIgAc/vCchJ4yMJPtsC38diUy/rkdqe3+SE3yk8g=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo,

I for one would definitely buy this book or CD if it were available again, even with my era being later. I love this kind of detail on Q trains and since it includes CUS to Savanna it is on the line I model. Does Dan Holbrook monitor this group? If so, Dan, I recommend making this available! I would also like to see any later info you have that would fit the late-60's!

Anyone else out there interested in this info?

P.S. to Ed Sutorik: As you put together your info from 1965, please share!

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

---In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, <qutlx1@...> wrote :

The "book" consist of 8&1/2x11 sheets of paper in a binder. There are 176 double sided
Sheets with 1-4 complete train consists on each page. The info. Is from three separate Aurora Division Condrs. Booking Books for the years covered. It is a treasure trove of info on Q passenger operations on the east end of the system during those years.
Below is the format.

Train,Date
Condr,engr.
Dept,ARR
ENGS.
Cars
.....,type or current useage,destination

This was created by BRHS member Dan Holbrook under the entity Range Research and is copyrighted. The title page states that there would be future editions of material including one on freight car assignments. To my knowledge this was the only work published.

If there is enough interest possibly Dan could be enticed to do a new run or allow the BRHS rights to do so as a project.

Leo Phillipp
Director and V.P. Projects of the BRHS