[CBQ] Re: Kendall County H.S. Fall Festival this weekend 9/23 & 24

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Kendall County H.S. Fall Festival this weekend 9/23 & 24
From: "William Husband kybillhusb@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:18:41 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Too bad that I live in Louisville, KY. Would love to be there. I was raised in Oswego, and had grandparents in Earlville. Grandpa's house (Albert Frey) was the last one on the west side of Earlville-the view from the back of the house was the Q mainline-lots of 4-8-4 Northern's passed his house while I was there! There was also a wye that went through his property that has subsequently been taken out. The wye provided a connection with the C&NW line that crossed the Q here. Also an Interlocking tower to control the junction. The C&NW line went from Spring Valley north to Rockford, as I recall. It was built to provide the C&NW with an "on line" coal supply from the coal mines that surrounded Spring Valley. What a fantastic experience. The deed to his house shows the land was platted by the Chicago & Aurora.

Posted by: William Husband <kybillhusb@gmail.com>