[CBQ] Re: Pielet Bros Scrap Yard

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Pielet Bros Scrap Yard
From: "Clipperw B clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 21:26:51 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1505010946; bh=WIqj2KEYikbVLCQXUtfPfta0wdTFBQmVaz/6YCiuEEY=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=ZFAs4X9P0kzw0drzBWSGLrHzJXdoSY5Z5ifsStzhJl8DtxicGzRCuGUXNSXQs/8MhmMqDHOmtGOklwSFW5kKoWA8u8K2vN0zwE6TVOKVNNi9MGld1IAwTZGijjQWeVsqHYdhNL0i9uNoefjP2uUKsjpNqb/wxUSwG8kfbTyeItI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Charles,

I still read the CBQ list regularly. Unfortunately, my only connection with Pielet Brothers was as an employee of Electro-Motive who, as I sure you know, sent many trade in locomotives to them for scrapping. According to Wikipedia, the Ingalls 4-S was purchased outright from the GM&Q when no buyer or museum volunteered to take the locomotive. It was sold to Pielet in 1967 and scrapped. Too bad. It certainly was unique! There is a GM&O historical society. Maybe someone there can provide more information. Their web address is: www.gmohs.org/.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO