[CBQ] CBQ cast iron planter Cover

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CBQ cast iron planter Cover
From: "markf_mba@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2017 19:43:34 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

 Hi all...I am new to this group....I have a manufactured farm implement item (a seed planter cover)  that is co-branded on the cover by both CBQ and what appears to be the trademark symbol for International Harvester - Case.  My question is three-fold.  What is the purpose of a railroad teaming up with a farm implement maker to co-manufacture (or at least co-market) a farm implement?  If so, were these co-branded items "given away" to farmers or sold to them?  And, at what time (what years?) in the two company's history's did this occur?  The person I got the item from seemed to indicate that it was a measure of goodwill to farmers by the railroad because the expansion of the railroad (late 1800's) was disrupting the farmland and crossing over many existing farms but he was not able to provide any specific evidence of that reasoning.  Whatever information you are able to find would be helpful. If anyone is interested, I can include a picture but I do not know the protocol for doing so....Thanks, Mark

Posted by: markf_mba@yahoo.com