[CBQ] How Not to run a RR

To: CBQ <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] How Not to run a RR
From: "Randy Doman cbq1968@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 09:58:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hello one and All,

First, I’d like to apologize for my out burst about EHH. He’s just not worth what they’re paying him.

I did find some interesting articles that might be of interest. Now that Hunter can’t hind in Canada he’ll be under the microscope even more then before.

SHARE HEADLINE

STB notifies CSX of numerous service complaints, warns railroad to fix “serious issues” causing delays, congestion

(Source: Dow Jones Newswires, July 28, 2017)

NEW YORK — A freight railroad regulator called on CSX Corp. to address "serious issues" causing delays, congestion and other problems, the latest setback for the railway as it attempts to revamp its operations. The Surface Transportation Board on Thursday wrote to CSX's chief executive, Hunter Harrison, asking that the company set up weekly calls with it to discuss performance issues and how they are being resolved.

Full story: Fox Business

Norfolk Southern wins customers from rival CSX

(Source: Wall Street Journal, July 27, 2017)

NEW YORK — Norfolk Southern Corp. says it is starting to win over customers to its railway amid disruptions at rival CSX Corp., whose network is undergoing an extensive overhaul under a new chief executive.

Full story: Fox Business

I also heard that he told a CSX official or board member he was “only here as a temporary CEO”. I can’t confirm that, but it doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Later,

Randy Doman

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Posted by: Randy Doman <cbq1968@gmail.com>