Re: [CBQ] Aurora tower [1 Attachment]

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora tower [1 Attachment]
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 03:07:57 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1500001841; bh=Wq4CabkrsHrg0kDZ9VSpnIzk6vRPbt5krL4yHF1XuE4=; h=To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=nqYvBED55GZnZP9vM/DABiuX3WNhhtBQFk3uzty1Dcp7a+QGUqmIBBp4EV8x/D4VgJp7GivWcywGh7sNqVYLYXGPGhOz6bNQDsmaPzgaJ/L3FjJcXRJPt/gJTGl7qk62v1TSFDPlaZn4e2fPI4yO5i3qVn1T8cMFVIUnNM08vCc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from STEVEN HOLDING included below]

I worked there from about middle of June--Dec. 31 1973 2nd trick.  The door was on the back side and it was three stories straight down in back.  Door was opposite the front window.  Then lockers with only one window opposite the front one where the desk sat, although most of the windows was painted over.  Washroom was in the northwest corner.
You could always tell when extra people were on the Earlville Turn as they would have chains dragging.  There was a good derailment about that time from a chain dragging and catching in the frog of a switch and pulling it out from under the train.
This was at the time the E-units and cars were being rebuilt to all electric so we had some steam boilers and some electric.  All motors cut off and went back to the rounchouse.  While the switch engine would chop up trains and double a couple together and move to the  Hill Yard.  The last train out in the morning and the first in had single level cars.  Came in on main and then was hauled right to the yard.  Always fun to get a motor out the west end back to the tower to wait on a local on track one so the motor could move east on main 1 to the Hole(Hill Yard switch)
Steve in SC