Re: [CBQ] Double Drop [1 Attachment] and hanging markers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Double Drop [1 Attachment] and hanging markers
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 13:23:23 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo,,,I think I followed the moves after reading a couple of times..maybe more...Based on what i hear about how things are today that more than one "officer" wold have multiple heart attacks while pulling the entire crew out of service and lining them up for the required P test before hauling them off to the County Jail for endangering everyone within 1 mile of the operation and preparing multiple lists of each individual rule violation.

Now back to the matter of "Hanging Markers"..I, for some reason, began to think....sometimes, but rarely, I do that..I remembered  that the actual marker sat in a kind of ring and said ring had a bracket sticking out and said bracket fit into a vertical slot affair on the corner of the car end..The bracket which stuck out fit into the slot which secured it firmly in place..What I wondered is whether the marker you weighed had the ring and bracket.  If not when you came up with the 14 lb marker, the bracket ring would bring the weight up closer to my 20-25 lb guess..

BTW that "ring" that the marker sat in allowed the marker to be "turned"  without having to take the whole thing down..You and, perhaps others, will recall that the rules required that markers be turned to show green to the rear when train was in the clear of the main track...Also other configurations were required when train was moving on a long lead along side a main track and other more esoteric configurations when running against current of traffic in double track territory.

Pete