[CBQ] Retired Q official dies

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Retired Q official dies
From: "klinerarch@charter.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 10 May 2017 14:23:44 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Group,  A few days ago the Burlington lost one of the oldest retired officials when Bob Richards passed away at the age of 102.  Bob lived here in Hannibal and he retired in 1975 as Vice President of Purchasing and Materials.  He  started working in 1935 and spent 40 plus years with the Burlington.  Bob got his start in or around Aurora as a result of a recommendation from his Sunday School teacher GA Goerner who was General Storekeeper on the system in the 1930s.  Bob was raised in Aurora.  Bob was a walking encyclopedia of Burlington purchasing and kept wonderful records which his daughter told me they were going to pass on to the BRHS.  He was involved in the sale of the Burlington business cars as well as the purchase of the railroad's very first airplane.  Bob had previously donated his official's little black bible that every official carried to our society and now we can help fill our new archives storage area with this generous gift from his family.

Posted by: klinerarch@charter.net