Re: [CBQ] East of Cicero

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] East of Cicero
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:44:09 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1489110252; bh=EVy681zI7psraqIZ0rU4LOFE3yoPp1utLTZ4ve9UdwU=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=XLQPle7FES5L0XBiFH8JcpkbdcSjNFsJaLE7pFTgcCMxt4k5sdRAnwWwD6KYDrkErhIyZMzFJaGXhd2+IwmcNK0sCavaBD7DCnDDwwcULOHtPP1vwc1iCkUWKnCylsTEgORFKGKEABb/9JurfEtaIcENTktTkmM+M7bvmoJaDBQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rob,

Yard assignment lists are extremely rare. Generally yard job info.gets pulled from other sources. I haven't even hardly touched a big file that Steve Holding has sent me on "widow maker" waycars  in the terminal.  The glance I've given it talks about many of the terminal jobs so I suspect in time we'll learn more about assignments.

It really depends on the time period your friend is modeling. I've been slowly working on an article on Western Ave. and the Lumber District. What I do know is there were two jobs from Western Ave to the Lumber district, a morning and an afternoon. In the days of LCL, There were also jobs that ran between House 1 and 2 near CUS and Western Ave shuttling cars. There was at least one job that pulled house 10 and the houses around Western Ave, spotted them back up with emptys and took the loads to Cicero to make the connections with westbound hot shots.

There were also strictly yard jobs at Western Ave that switched in the yard. There was at least one or more jobs that handled all the team tracks along the main, House 5 and 6, and other industries like the brewery at Canal St.

Finally anyone with info. on jobs, etc in the Chicago Terminal..... I would love to see it.

Thanks,

Leo Phillipp