[CBQ] Grain loading procedures

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Grain loading procedures
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 12:54:33 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

If you guys want to see grain loading, back in the day,,,as it really was watch the movie  "PICNIC"..with  Kim Novak and a famous male actor whose name escapes me now...I always thought that the movie was filmed at Salina KS, but I read someplace that it was another Kansas town.

There is a scene toward the end of the move where the good guys are chasing the bad guys around in a grain elevator and actually into a boxcar where the grain is actually being loaded and the spout is "flopping around".

Another place to see the "whole operation" at an elevator in small town elevator in the wheat country in Canada..It starts with the elevator coming to work in the morning, going down in the "bowels" of the elevator and starting up the old "hit and miss" engine..then actually putting the elevator handling system in operation..

When he gets the boxcar loaded, he gets out his "car mover" and gets the load moving and then gets down and BY HAND actually pushes the loaded car down the track.

I don't recall the exact name of the program, but just go to U Tube and type in Canada Elevator grain loading..or words to that effect and you'll get it.

It's well worth the look for you guys who are truly interested in how grain was handled and loaded pre Covered Hoppers.

Pete

Posted by: jpslhedgpeth@aol.com