[CBQ] Re: Old Monroe to Francis line?

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Old Monroe to Francis line?
From: "William Canelos sharronbillc@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 04:43:39 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1487306741; bh=RHVbrAezHyvL+SZ8v/gsTe/KPPyeYYboALPyTr8bxaA=; h=To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=svyNCjzbvzg8LQxHijuwuhxhu4OyfODRFqeUiWlekyF7XJNeI52Rc7TBAlwwPid8CSmulOZGqojz2MmeoHNzVDNnKHZpmFJgvQMm5GIn5EEboPKXbQWPIFy/cCEdeHGQ28mrM+7I+7zJXNhmvFIu8y8tqSGI2FjYLRw4FKuu4+o=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I saw the rail removal train on the final run as it passed through New Truxton, MO which was my home town.  The power was a single GP30 in BN paint.  Not sure when the depot was removed, but many were removed well before shutdown to avoid paying property taxes on them, same for many other facilities.

The historical society in Warrenton, MO has a CD of a presentation I did about the line, it is available at a very reasonable price, but the focus is on New Truxton which was a true railroad town which went from mini boom town to a ghost town as a result of the railroad!!

Posted by: William Canelos <sharronbillc@yahoo.com>