Re: Fw: [CBQ] Information on 05 Baldwin Plates for 5600-5608 [1 Attachme

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: [CBQ] Information on 05 Baldwin Plates for 5600-5608 [1 Attachment]
From: "Norm Metcalf normmetcalf@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:26:57 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485793621; bh=qRbUObjlwULuULiUGUlB9RmDObGvKSzDTY83BWpU5Ig=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=xH0McyvJOFTNyJh9pTamsncgzkLCD8peH3KxN6JR05wO3NxV9gbmduWRufnd6E0/JBPYOrr57drl/zsrwdpWc0ilI8LWk60xvK9Xplly1d1qhIzrq3af7T6hchs9zOo7V5Hry4DZfP4dyr0DjOwW7CdHWxcRKvn7jNvMJ8xGRB8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Norm Metcalf included below]

Plates were also lost to thieves.  One Class 1 got a tip about a basement wall lined with plates.  So two special agents went to the address.  They recognized the man who answered the door.  He was an assistant yardmaster on graveyard.  He became a former employee. Another special agent told me about a graveyard shift when UP 844 was supposed to haul a special the next morning.  Late at night he heard noises from 844.  One man was trying to chisel off a builder plate while another was trying to unbolt the bell.  Such episodes was one of the reasons for going to decals.  Norm