Re: [CBQ] Merry Christmas And Happy New Year Across Lines East And West

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Merry Christmas And Happy New Year Across Lines East And West
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:05:04 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1482861908; bh=IyU71fgChlI9qdg9a4kivmGs3UR2QZ49f6LOVuP71lE=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=MGa6RpdptfX92xYzHvDqmsGPRBVrTTbQTtXeNcb5mGtpflHsPIymm3nzjCDBuwuA36yXd16Alivn6rjunXzgGyT3UO2qwmVoCP7pczZLbroZDGXbLHzEWcefWVP5Iw8wnXUO0CVM68bkM24YtPi4LtjeQcx0TU/FwO3FzZFjijs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Louis,

The Mendota picture brought back memories from 1979 of using a Jordan spreader on the
Mendota-Denrock branch for 12 hours. The snow was higher than the loco Windows. We relieved a
Crew that had plowed for 12 hours,then us for 12 and then another crew relieved us !
Ass't Supt Joe Arrington was in the operators"house" the entire time !

Also that year, I rode Amtrak number 5 to Omaha with two SD45s running ahead of us as a plow
Extra.

Many other "wonderful" memories of the 78-79 and 79-80 winters.

Karl R. has some great true stories of trying to clear the Rockfalls branch. Some of his
Pictures are at rrpicturesarchive.com(I think that's the correct link)

Leo