[CBQ] Re: 9901 and 9902 Stainless Finish

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 9901 and 9902 Stainless Finish
From: "Randy Gordon-Gilmore randy.gordon.gilmore@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:05:50 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Charlie,

Your embedded pictures aren't showing up in the digest to which I subscribe in gmail.  I do see the photo that Brian attached on the Yahoogroups website.

The photo that Brian attached is fairly late, since the extra vents are in place on the engineroom roof.

I'm thinking that the flat panels and nose panels, which would have been cut from flat sheet and curved on installation, might have been made from a different stainless alloy than the roll-formed battens and might have weathered differently.  Even if made from the same alloy, the work-stress of the rolling process may have changed the grain structure of the steel, again causing a difference in weathering rate.

Randy
--
Randy Gordon-Gilmore
Flower Mound, TX, USA