[CBQ] Re: Downers Grove Railroad Park

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Downers Grove Railroad Park
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:25:37 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1474561540; bh=l2sARXKvgLkBxYmsmRfH6ZmdOg7RaTVgAEsJ0yYycwo=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=ncdr4C3FB4lk0nmSBnTL3cQ2UG+pUjMjTASbwTWhKF/1TKTXS+X+zuYyfix3OYvYGyU2PRVh53+vhizHl87/XxehyNcUSFUEdXXvAdL/KHP+8DFoscyqgmHY7Lz3Bv8h9ZKr/JBKKCDRzAB1FMnDxZTTVXVPX71mbSi17G6FQwE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Roy,

I am certain that the second view is looking east. The error is that I stated that the fountain was on the southeast corner of the intersection of the tracks and Main Street. Bob Campbell corrected me as I had meant Northeast corner. The road or street to the left is Warren Avenue and, later, the Tivoli Theater and the Snacktime Restaurant would be visible in the distances. The Kestner Ford dealership would be to the far left at the northeast corner of Warren and Main. Sorry for the error in location. As you know, I grew up in DG and in my time, there was a Courtesy Taxi stand there with no evidence of the fountain. Sorry for the mis statement about the location of the fountain in the first post.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO