RE: [CBQ] Re: BLI NW-2 Issue 2946 and 2947

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: BLI NW-2 Issue 2946 and 2947
From: "'Nelson Moyer' ku0a@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 15:19:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1473193157; bh=Vq9SfhxBvG2GFQIAxMxvoxX6yhkntgMGls7/FG+RRIE=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=GZbcjp47j0zGwvyE+kZgK41QRjo7aYG6LTLGgziJxYsbRxMzol3vrMtfLdSTojx1yheJafsBaolxMGrpVwjicXBn1rVNV+55r3aqfDOV/hBA3AMnjqQYyDoPx7vux0ka6Yap9+Q+zMMQ6bnbBqre7BSE32Oz0yFot3+Zk8D3ZCI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

For the benefit of those of us unfamiliar with Q NW-2 phases, will you give us the spotting features for the five phases or point us to a reliable reference? It would also be helpful to know which road numbers were included in each phase. I’d really like to see a Bulletin on Q Switchers with the depth of coverage given to the SDs. So far, the Alco S-2s are the only switchers covered in Bulletins.

Andy Sperandeo wrote an article for Model Railroader some years ago on cutting an Athearn SW-7 shell to form the stepped hood of an NW-2. As I recall, that shell wasn’t really an SW-7, but I don’t remember what it was. I’ve considered doing that on the BLI model. The cosmetic frame modifications should be relative easy, but louvers are a bit more complicated to change.

Nelson Moyer