[CBQ] Re: Questions Prompted by Quincy Branch Book

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Questions Prompted by Quincy Branch Book
From: "Randy Danniel milepost206@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:48:48 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1469119730; bh=MAPu7LjMeZsqJaifK42/xRl3uWCZxww5LNozVuOqCAs=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=dwK/YBiTrcIm+zFv+V1xEnpm783w1vyhlYkBZD5Qtz8z1Tb7JtJMsBT/4/eDL/I33uCY5K9mjYefCLA/yiE/xGYHxoG96Cwy55U4/e1V3F2AKaYb/ij7/CRtsTXUkWTcMNkp5P5hqGNeyAvMI/dFtPR0PbJmhBW0ZhN+sHW+KxE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

 The elevator roof was either dark green or black

Black

This photo shows a mineral red double sheathed boxcar used as the yard office in Burlington.

To the best of my recollections the yard office was always located on the west side of the mainline, in the same general location. I remember an old coach and later a stand-alone building. I think you are looking at the Eastside Shanty. It was a small structure and not a boxcar.

Stock pen structure roofs appear to be tin

corrugated tin

The fences aren’t visible.

Weathered board stock pens.

when was the elevator painted white, or at least what color was the elevator painted in 1953?2.

don't know for sure but were bare concrete prior to painting

while the water tank near the service area appears to have a mineral red tank.

mineral red

What color was the water tank near the depot, aluminum or white?

aluminum/bright silver when painted

 I would appreciate it if the custodian of the Ed Seidler Collection would contact me.

There is no custodian, only original slides I bought from Ed when he downsized and moved, 35+ years ago.

Hope this helps.

Randy

Posted by: Randy Danniel <milepost206@mchsi.com>