RE: [CBQ] Re: Hornby HO U28C

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Hornby HO U28C
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:23:08 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1468254198; bh=/ZzNaXRTolEIsUVfdWlr3oI7UareeoJF8453CfoIXxQ=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=s5oE+W+n461jRlGxZRqz1/no1vw6Ha4gLGhMUIQoM8cZfHoHE9WhP4/Ac9dM/8CaHZUCPHfHFl8no6bDlnOw3JG8zhhhKb5eMPNhweq/uHboET3GeR0uyqXF/GL4L2fTVQeXYSeoAjmZpnnGTeL3J6AaOamuSekIZ8LNac/Fzp0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Dale-

Bawahaha!!!!   Our nefarious plot worked!!!
Making such detail differences were designed to  make modelers buy more than one!!!

Charlie Vlk

BRHS Member

Railroad Model Resources (Consultant to Hornby USA on HO and N Scale projects)

Thanks guys for the info on the CB&Q U28C details.  I had looked at the models at the Hornby booth and the CB&Q #571 on display had a split front window and revised handrails that all looked good and also the roof color a light grey rather than the white they used on the U25Cs.  The sales person asked me which cab number I wanted and I said it didn't matter.  When I got home and opened the box for the #563 it did not have the split window nor the newer hand rails.  I was rather upset, thinking that a gross production error had been made on this particular model.  Thanks to you guys, I now realize that Hornby/Rivarossi  actual got it right and produced two different versions depending on the cab number. Amazing attention to detail.  I don't think the sales person at the Hornby booth knew this but all is now well in my local CB&Q land.  Hmmm, now maybe I need to think about acquiring one of the split window versions also.

Dale DeWitt

.

Posted by: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>