Re: [CBQ] Steam Roster Disposition Dates

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam Roster Disposition Dates
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:49:54 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

September 14, 2015

Hol - Appreciate your additional interesting comments. Best Regards - Louis

In a message dated 9/14/2015 2:45:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time, CBQ@yahoogroups.com writes:

Louis:

Condemned was a late addition to the terminology used when dropping a locomotive from service.  By the time it came into use, there was no question that stored steam locomotives would not be returned to service, and that term essentially replaced both of the stored terms -- serviceable and unserviceable.  But condemned locomotives were still on the roster until they were officially retired -- and then sold for scrap (since by this time the railroad was no longer scrapping locomotives itself).

Hol