[CBQ] CB&Q E-unit detailing

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q E-unit detailing
From: "Jim's Junction trains28@bresnan.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 10:44:59 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1459615501; bh=pI4a+cY7vHvCEd8A8O3GD8m/C4Tc0y44JEWGRr/R3Qk=; h=To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=ea4ayGau5MXw3WipFs2HL6sX89OGTIRw0IGFBvisHYnNbX2/0WO3Kq1ZOSu3kSaymmLf7Rf/DSSkBlt32Sw5Px/TVYl7/5M/ndKwyqejubLvQsAA1W3HRJnNoDqyZsR3WRbQt+cXmbzUhtemYLODO1NM8M5BBnMhgcDmtwQXdYs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

     As a follow-up to my reference of Jeff Wilson's 'Detailing Diesel Locomotives', I would highly recommend, if you don't already have it, purchasing Burlington Bulletin #10 on the 'Q's' E-units. Jim Sandrin did an excellent job researching and writing this article. Lots of photos and history of the various models the 'Q' purchased over the years from E-5's to E-9's! I have about wore my copy out. You can purchase this bulletin from Dave Lotz at the Q Connection.

   John Olson

    Model Railroader Books (Kalmbach Publishing) has put out a series of How-To Guides over the years and most of the information I used came from 'Detailing Diesel Locomotives' by Jeff Wilson, published in 2007, it is Kalmbach Books item #12421- $19.95. Starting on page 59- Jeff walks you through detailing a 'Q' E-9 (Proto 2000) and E-7 (Model Power) and lists all the items he used on his locomotives and he even takes you through using Bare Metal Foil on the locomotive sides to replicate the Stainless Steel Panels .... if you are so inclined (and brave enough)! Since this book was published, there are a lot more commercially available locomotives and parts that can be used, than when he detailed his locomotives.

  John Olson
  Billings, Mt