RE: [CBQ] Roundhouse(s) in Downers Grove

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Roundhouse(s) in Downers Grove
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:34:16 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1461206105; bh=Hz/1oamQd2CkQANe7Jk5ZUd4efkt3GbYEvqdCJsmfNM=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=yFmxfrYREPQUF4udlY7/FLjHfjvx5rrCq4z8TcN9wtg5eut2TniUAD/4Es9GV2mGD6bKUlfGpNrIOsLCyMPO2s0m+xMKNUBJvD7vDYBt1Q5zFswGASXaLNh4DxlFrt9wNdXU+751TvU0nncJc0Y8pQFwCNSjw7XatBU38yGbL2w=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

The first turntable and roundhouse was just west of the first depot and it was on the south side of the tracks.   It was removed in 1892 or 1893 as you suggest and was either moved or replaced further west on the north side of the tracks….and there was a wood roundhouse up until the advent of using mainly S class locomotives.   The turntable was replaced with a larger one and perhaps at that time the roundhouse was removed.

I hope to include more information on the subject in some research that I am currently working up on the Aurora-Chicago stations.

Charlie Vlk