[CBQ] Upcoming Q presentations-call for photos-help the BRHS

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Upcoming Q presentations-call for photos-help the BRHS
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:20:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
1)This fall On Sept 16th,I will be doing a presentation at the Railroad and
Short Lines Club of Chicago meeting on the Fox River branch of the Q. It will
be about an hour and a half long. The club meets in Chicago Union Station, at
7:30PM. The presentation includes a BRHS company store table with society
publications,etc for sale and membership applications available. If you've
missed the Oswego presentation and can't make the one tomorrow night at the
BRHS Spring meet; It will be your last chance to hear the presentation. All are
welcome at the meeting,admission is free and Metra takes you literally next
door.

2)Sometime in late March/early April of 2017 I will be making a 45 minute
presentation on the intertwined history of the Q and Aurora,IL at Waubonsee
Community Colleges Aurora campus in downtown Aurora. It's entitled "On the same
track-Aurora and The Burlington railroad it is being given as a segment of
Waubonsees' continuing and adult education program. When I have the exact date
I'll post it. Again Metra brings you within a few blocks of the campus. Parking
is right across the street.
Admission will be free. The BRHS will have a table of publications for sale
along with membership applications.

Now for all of you who have been looking for a way to help the BRHS here's your
chance. I would like to use new photos,rather than those in the short piece in
Bulletin 51 on Auroras' history. I'm looking for photos of the Q facilities in
Aurora that are new to
audiences,unique or in some way different from what we've seen in the past.
Shots of the Aurora depot,Aurora REA office,the shops,the roundhouses,the
Aurora roundhouse turntable,the Aurora transfer table,the shops power plant,
the freight house,
Auroras rail served industries I.e. Austin Western,Aurora Pump,Aurora
Wallboard,the stove works,the Beacon News Building,the West Aurora freight
house,Richard Wilcox,
Stephenson Adamson,Equipto,Barber Greene, The Aurora Greenhouse,All Steel,
etc,etc,etc. Anyone have a shot of the pattern storehouse on Pierce street or
the lumber storage area along North Broadway ? How about the Burlington signs
on either side of the viaduct at Broadway when they were maintained ?
Any good color shots of the Reclamation plant ?

Statistics on shipments received and generated at Aurora would be
wonderful,passengers originated and terminated,etc,etc are welcome.

Let me,know what you find in your collections so we can make this a special
presentation that will expose a whole new group of people to the BRHS and what
we're all about.

Thanks,

Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com