[CBQ] Re: Drop box ?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Drop box ?
From: "jzook@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2016 09:44:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1459270345; bh=8E+ClMp7YhHknPM97NILMtlq5LUwq2nXvfyi2K3Q/Ow=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=UJD0nf01yKSJzQflGZswGvBYOVJfRaZIN+ibu26Cj63+KWGjGB2noIa/pfYacXAAjhaesrDP+BdhxLWgJ165kJvSmBlzQ+b3A19OrPbvrsXtqaIY1jordITOyQgSX9ZSIy1jQyIOroagBsJJC9E2LJYLZwIHJdP+sgWYqnCnPL0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo and group,

I work in the information technology industry, and we see security threats on a daily basis (our scanning systems catch them minute by minute).  There is no shortage people out there trying to obtain your personal information in any way possible, and they do so with ever more crafty methods.  My recommendation to any one is, if you don't know who the send of the email is, simply delete it.  Just about any financial institution will never send you an email asking for account information, so be particularly cautions of emails that have bank logos and verbiage that looks legitimate.  It's extremely easy for someone to copy the logos and verbiage and then add links in the email that sends the recipient right into the hands of the nefarious hackers.

One suggestion I also inform people is to simply hover your pointer (but don't click) over any link in the email.  Most web browsers display the full URL for the link at the bottom of the browser window.  On most of these scamming emails, the URL is some long, almost illegible web address.  This is always an indicator that the email is not legitimate.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Posted by: jzook@comcast.net