[CBQ] Coal Bunker in Savanna, IL

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Coal Bunker in Savanna, IL
From: "thommack@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2016 05:18:42 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

While well before my modeling era, I thought this postcard might be of interest to the group. It is an aerial shot of the MILW roundhouse at Savanna but in the background you can see the MILW and CB&Q yards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-REAL-PHOTO-POSTCARD-RP-RPPC-CM-STP-SHOPS-ROUNDHOUSE-SAVANNA-IL-RAILROAD-/141911833057

Notice the coaling facility in the background (upper left) with the coal bunker and track. Isn't that the CB&Q yard? It seems to be located where the coaling facility was for Q's Savanna yard. Not sure I've ever seen a picture before of the coal bunker and it looks like an elevated track up into the bunker.

Tom Mack

Cincinnati, OH

Posted by: thommack@yahoo.com