[CBQ] CB&Q Waycar in Decatur, Indiana

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar in Decatur, Indiana
From: "thommack@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2016 05:30:35 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

There is a restored CB&Q waycar at a restaurant in Decatur, Indiana. Ran across it Monday on my way back to Cincinnati from Elkhart, IN. I checked it up close and it is definitely CB&Q with the wooden CB&Q trucks and CB&Q stampings on the steel journal box pedestals. It has been pretty well restored so it will be around for awhile.

To see a photo of this waycar go to: http://www.worldfamousback40junction.com/back40artifacts.html

 This is a brochure on their "Antiques". If you flip about seven pages in you will see a photo of their "caboose." Anyone know the history of this Q waycar? Also, it is not listed on the preserved waycar list on the BRHS website, although there is an entry for a Q waycar that was for sale in Greenwood, IN. Greenwood is south of Indianapolis, so that is pretty far from Decatur which is in northern Indiana, but maybe this is the same waycar?

BTW, the preserved Q waycar list has not been updated since June 2013, so I am wondering if there are other MIA preserved Q waycars out there.

Tom Mack

Cincinnati, OH

Posted by: thommack@yahoo.com