RE: [CBQ] Re: 5621 pilot applications.

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: 5621 pilot applications.
From: "'Nolen Null' NNull@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:33:12 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1452745998; bh=YaxrFH7t9UJEATvz6f1bkmPOCDNN9hgsUlSNXgdSzfc=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=k6LeFUEGvPiJ2/IC9o/WK0sxy/gSkFbzHxn560KF/BlMWe2ZX82+tz+n+E8xGYyH40rLssws6aPmW3/wsltcbJ8QnjnrcxvjE+fZkDUGU+wwPS5wYwVcdHCwQKIkPMGLM8YR9Fmxyr91s1Chv1/uoFUnq0GlEivAz/xwMqNDI9I=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

While I can't answer any or your questions directly, there are a couple of other points worth noting.  I have seen several photographs from 1941 onward that show this locomotive with only the main driver being a disc driver with all the others being spoked.  Seems a little unusual to me.  Why would they change out disc drivers and go back to spoked?  The 1939 photograph shows that the tender coal capacity has been extended to increase capacity and the wheel sets on the lead truck have been changed out from spoked to solid.  Those two things are fairly common on the O-5s.

Nolen Null